Tuesday 10 June 2014

The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1)The Gamble by Kristen Ashley

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



"Bottom line, you didn't take care of what was your's. Now as Nina has explained, you've lost it, i found it an it's mine."


Sweet Jesus, ladies and gents i think i just struck fuckin' gold! Having never before read a Kristen Ashley book (The Gamble poppin' my KA cherry.) I am just so seriously excited at the amount of books of hers i've got to read, by from what i can tell will become one of my number one authors. (I've now read two more ga her books Sweet Dreams and Lady Luck and starting Breathe shorty i can say she's well up at the top of my list.)

Okay so.. The Gamble, honestly i was totally freakin' speechless when i finished this book. I sat there staring at my Kindle thinking Hell no! I was in now way shape or form any where near done with Nina & Max's story & that nutty bunch of people in Gnaw Bone. I wanted more i just couldn't get enough! (Not that i think myself or anyone else in their right mind would everrrr be dont with Holden Maxwell ;) )

I felt my heart rip a little i was so caught up in these two, i just didnt want it to end. I know a few people found this book to be a bit too long and a bit too crammed. But i gotta say, i fuckin' loved it! Each character had their own individual story and quirks, not one of them was under developed. As for the town, Gnaw Bone, i can actually picture it in my head with such a fine clearness as if i just walked the streets yesterday! (HUGE hi five on this KA made it even more extra special and enjoyable!)

When i really get into a book i find myself never wanting it to end. I get totally absorbed into the world and connect with the characters like we've been life-long friends.This is what a good story is meant to be, an escape. Kristen you gave me my escape and i didn't wanna come home!!


“Not one fuckin’ thing gentlemanly about protecting what’s yours. Looks like you’re gonna lose it, you do everything you can to stop that from happening.” Max looked back to Niles. “And you didn’t do that. She was a week away from me, she walked into a room I was in holdin’ another man’s hand, I’d lose my fuckin’ mind. Not at her. Wonderin’ where I lost my way and I’d talk to her about how to find my way back.”


Lord, i don't know where to start. Max & Nina, Nina & Max. Oh my lovelies i frinkin' adore you two! Nina was so well real, so connectable. Nina's thirty-six, which meant no teenage girl's bitchin', whinging, moaning, self pitying bullshit. Which is a rather popular case. Nope Neen's was a strong feisty strong independent mature woman. which was so megaly refreshing. (Yeah i'm only 20 but even i get sick of reading about girls my own age that are just soo super annoying!) Nina knew how to handle people who had been through some seriously tragic and upsetting event and she knew how to bring love, hope and positivity into these situations helping with the person suffering which its just incredible. PLUS she's a fan of Criminal Minds... HUUUGE bonus for me i just loved all the little bits slipped in there about the show made me grin like a loon. Yes me mega-fan.


"Yes. He. Was. Just. Here. Spreading his goodwill and love to all around Max's entryway. It's a wonder there aren't cherubs flying around sprinkling rose petals and rainbows erupting through the windows, an aftermath of his delightful visit."


Max.. He's just soo perfect. ALPHA ALERT!! Damnnn i sure do love me a alpha-tastic-male, this guy had me weak the the knees! So Lush, sweet amazingly sweet actually, honest... basically he was every good decent quality you could ever ask for in a man with a splash of dominance. Just 100 fuckin' percent of pure alpha male perfection. He's so protective and i just love that in a man, think it shows they truly care. i could sit here and gush about him for a week... but this is looking to be one long ass review as it is!


“I was your man, you were halfway around the world from me, honey, I’d fuckin’ phone you.”

“You on a timeout?”
“What?”
“If you told me you needed a timeout, first I wouldn’t fuckin’ let you have one, second, I wouldn’t give you a reason to fuckin’ want one, last, you took off anyway, I’d fuckin’ phone.”


i'm not gonna go into the plot cause i went in not really knowing what to expect and i enjoyed it a helluva lot more. All i'll say is strap on your seat belts and keep your arms inside the vehicle at all times. Roller-coaster? Hell yes! Not just an emotional one either somethings constantly happening. It's insane one minute i'm on the edge of my seat clinging onto my Kindle for dear life cause the suspense is just about killin' me off here then the next im all steamed up cause things are gettin' HOTT or i'm in stitches grinnin' my ass off like the fuckin' Cheshire cat. I'll hold my hands up and admit that i got a few sideways glances off my grandparents especially when i burst out laughing like a freakin' loon, to them for no aparent reason cause they're watching some frickin' murder program where someones just been slaughtered and is NOT a laughing matter.


“You’re being domineering again,” I informed him.
I felt his mouth grin under mine and watched his eyes do it.
“Yeah, baby, fair warnin’, when we’re naked, you better get used to that.”
I gasped at his words then he kissed me.”


Duchess & Macho-mountain-man... Gahh this shit could only happen in fiction... but we can dream girlies!!

This book was such a refreshing thrilling pleasure, i loved ever moment. The characters AND the plot were divine. Such an enjoyable read. I honestly could not get enough.

Well i finished the third in this series not long ago and i'm planning on starting the fourth in the morning. I'm wading my way through KA's collection like a mad woman. (Think iv'e developed an addiction to these too hot for reality males!)

Having only recently discovered my love for romance books and never hearing of Kristen before but seeing her books pop up left right n freakin' center all over my Good reads. I decided to give her a whirl, and she did NOT disappoint. So once again can i just say Thank-you Good reads for bringing this incredible talented author to my notice. Once again i'm in debt to you bringing one more awesome story into my life.

Can i just add how i LOVED Nina's & Charlie's conversations. So fuckin' beautiful.


“He put the knuckles of his fist to the table, leaned toward Niles and spoke quietly, cuttingly, in his rough, gravelly voice.

“Fucked her last night, man, and this morning. Five times. Five. It was like she hadn’t been touched in a decade. So fuckin’ sweet. Damn,” he taunted, his eyes locked on Niles. “You’ve had her, you gotta know, not enough money in the world’s worth that.”



**Review Edit..**
Can i just say i read this book like two/three weeks ago and it is STILL stuck in my head.. i'm itching to read it again. This is definatly the best of the series so far!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment